Friday, March 11, 2011

I FINALLY GOT MY NEW CAMERA!!!!!!



Well, it's new for me. The camera is actually used. I have been wanting a professional Canon camera for ages, but I never thought I would be able to get one anytime soon because they cost around $1,000 dollars....and I am very broke!!

But two days ago, I was reading some other food blogs (my new favorite hobby, besides photography!) and this blogger, who has MAGNIFICENT photos on her blog, said that she uses a used camera that she found on Craigslist.

???????????????????


Why didn't I think of that?! All this time I could have gone on Craigslist to find the camera of my dreams.

I quickly rushed off of her website and went onto Craigslist....and there it was. At the top of the page. The camera of my dreams! And it cost significantly lower than a brand new camera would have cost me.

SIGNIFICANTLY.

Like......less than half. Much less.

I couldn't believe my eyes. So I went back onto the blogger's website because she had a few questions that one should ask if they are planning to buy a used camera from a Craigslist ad.

I contacted the gentleman, who was very nice by the way, and botta bing botta boom. Next thing I know I have a practically brand new professional camera in my hands. This things looks like it has never been used.


And the photos. Oh the photos. Words can't describe how great the photos come out on this camera....so I had to show you.

I had a little bit of fruit in my fridge, so I took a million pictures of it. I won't bore you with a million pictures of the same bowl of fruit from different angles, so I'll just show you 4!

The pictures look so much cleaner and realistic (sometimes I had to edit my photos in Lightroom so much that the food looked fake). I love this camera!!!

2 comments:

  1. What camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I got a Canon Rebel 350D with one of those 50mm lenses (I'm still new to all of the proper camera terminology).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...