Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow and Sweet Corn Spoon Bread

It's snowing outside.



Well...'Northerners' would laugh at us down here in Atlanta. We got a couple of centimeters of snow and it seems like every business in town shut down for the weekend. I don't know what we would do if we ever actually got some real snow!

But it's beautiful to look at.


Unfortunately, it's disappearing just as soon as it arrives. So I decided to take pictures while I had the chance.

I had a peaceful weekend. I decided to try a recipe from Smitten Kitchen for Sweet Corn Spoon Bread.




It was delicious. An instant hit with the family. I made some slight changes to the recipe because I didn't have certain ingredients. I used heavy cream, instead of milk, and I didn't completely blend the corn. Instead, I left chunks of corn for texture.

I loved it. Check out her website for the recipe.

3 comments:

  1. I know, but it was exciting for it to snow on Christmas :) I think I heard that it hasn't happened since 96 but I could be wrong. Ad what a great idea to use heavy cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right. I've lived here for 8 years and I don't think I remember it snowing on Christmas before.

    And yes, the heavy cream made it that much more decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there. this sounded interesting. And probably heavenly. heavy cream. nice!

    thanks for commenting on chicken and rice dish. i know people like that who don't like to share recipes.. hope you enjoy it. everyone makes it different. xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...