Wednesday, November 24, 2010





I LOVE SALMON!

I really do! At one point, I would eat fresh salmon from the Dekalb Farmers Market about 3 times a week. But cleeeaaaaarly I didn't have the funds for that lavish lifestyle....and I shortly realized that I had to cut back on my salmon intake. Oh what a sad day that was.

Actually, it was my "salmon day" the other day, and it was delicious. Yummy!

I know the title of this post is "I Love Salmon", but what I really want to share is the simple green bean recipe that I made to go along with the fish. It has fresh ginger, tomatoes, sesame oil, and it is a great new way to try and cook fresh green beans (a.k.a. french beans, a.k.a. haricot verts). I'm not going to include the salmon recipe because it was very basic (salt, pepper, and I think that was it). I served it with yellow rice.


**I use nut oils in this recipe (sesame and peanut), but regular canola oil will be fine if you have a nut allergy**



Sesame French Beans with Ginger
  • 1/2 pound fresh french beans, ends cut (canned green beans will not do)
  • 2 tablespoons peanut oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
  • 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock, or veg stock if you want to keep it vegetarian
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • Sesame oil


Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans and blanch for approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove from pot and "Shock" them in an ice bath.

Heat a skillet on medium-low heat and add peanut oil. Saute garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds, do not let them get brown. Add tomatoes and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Add chicken stock and let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the french beans and cook for 3-4 more minutes, until beans are heated through. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and drizzle with sesame oil.





BEANS!!


BLANCH


SHOCK


SAUTE WITH GINGER AND GARLIC


ADD TOMATOES AND STOCK


BOOYAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...